Friday, August 31, 2007

Poetry Corner

The putrid but popular (among leftists) Mickey Z exposes his poetic sensibility:
I know I’ve said this before but I think it bears repeating: To me, the following quote reads like a poem...so that’s how I present it:

You’ve got to learn
that when you push people around,
some people push back.
As they should.
As they must.
And as they undoubtedly will.
There is justice in such symmetry.
Yep, he's quoting the Elizabeth Barrett Browning of America-haters, Ward Churchill.

More:

A letter to the the Silver & Gold Record from one "George Walker" of Denver concludes:
If Hank Brown truly believed in openness and accountability, when the regents fired Professor Churchill, the University Memorial Center would not have been surrounded by a grossly excessive number of security to make sure that students, staff, faculty and the public did not get a chance to exercise their First Amendment rights before the CU Board of Regents.
Grossly excessive? I don't think so. Maybe in comparison to the pitiful number of protesters who showed up.

No comments: